| Lorenzo (70) | Rossi (61) | Dovizioso (42) | Pedrosa (40) | Hayden (39) | De Puniet (26) | Melandri(21) |


Apr 11, 2010

Aoyama starts premier class career with top-10 finish

Hiroshi Aoyama and the Interwetten Honda MotoGP team accomplished their aim for the season-opening race at the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar on Sunday, as the 250cc World Champion secured 10th place.

Aoyama had struggled to find a comfortable feeling with his RC212V machine in practice, but in qualifying he managed to correct the issue and secured 10th place on the grid – the highest qualification position of all the rookies.

He matched that position in the actual race and a points-scoring start to his premier class career was of great satisfaction to Aoyama.

“This is a good result, not great, but good,” said the 28 year-old. “I pushed throughout the 22 laps and did what I was able to do. I had a bad start and lost some positions in the first few laps that I had to pull back. For this reason 10th place is a good result for my first MotoGP race. If I had started better I don't know where I could have finished.”


Share and Bookmark:

0 comments: